Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Can't Get Enough of Ashido


Ashido is the mysterious Shinigami from Bleach who first appeared on episode 148. Not much is known about him except from the fact that his name is Ashido, and that he stayed inside Hueco Mundo to slay Hollows before they get to the real world to lessen the burden on the other Shinigamis. Such a noble guy ^o^

I do not read the Bleach manga so I won’t be able to state more facts about him, or if he will be coming back on later episodes since he decided to stay on the Hollow’s nest to give Rukia, Ichigo and the others time to escape.

The reason why I’m writing this particular post is because I like his character, I mean seriously… If Ichigo and Renji are inexistent in the anime which is of course impossible because Ichigo’s the MAIN character and Renji is also one of the main characters, I would have preferred RukiaxAshido, but since that’s not the case, hmm… I’ll still write about him anyway.

I’m pretty sure many are familiar with the basic details about him, but for those who aren’t familiar Ashido came to Hueco Mundo because he and his squad were chasing after some Hollows. They followed them to their territory. When they got there they continued slaying until only Ashido was left. He wears a Hollow’s mask because it was the mask of the last Hollow his friend killed before he died. The Hollow’s mask hides his handsome face but it helps him in battles, it deflects Hollow’s Cero blast and is a very good shield, unfortunately it was destroyed, the reason? He saved Rukia *mushy-ness coming up* I know he probably misses the company of others, he has been stuck in that horrible place for more than a hundred years (correct me if I’m wrong) but the point of him saving Rukia is SWEET. Oh and if I remember right, Rukia seemed to like him, like a crush or something, she was staring at him differently, she claims it was because she felt bad for him, staying for so long inside that forsaken place not knowing that the one who was causing all the trouble in the real world and in soul society and even Hueco Mundo is a fellow Shinigami. OK I admit, I could be dreaming, but hey, I can dream can’t I? Plus, how nice is it to see Ichigo jealous because someone’s getting pretty close to the girl he loves? (Although he wouldn’t admit, but I know that’s the truth).

Until this time in the ongoing series, Ashido hasn’t came back or shown himself safe and sound to the others. I still don’t know if we’ll be seeing more of him, but I hope we do. I’d want him to participate in the battle against the Arrancars and Aizen to compensate for the times he stayed alone inside enemy territory. It would be bad for his story to end on episode 150. I’m sure some more interesting stuff can be found out from him, if only he would come back to them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought ashido looked like.. oh darn, i forgot his name! the one who thought rukia's techniques? the one who got "eaten" by a hollow? when ashido's face wasn't revealed yet, i even thought it was gonna be him. ^__^;;

hey, i've already watched akihabara@deep the movie. but touma wasn't there right? he wasn't box right? touma is only at the series right??

Pipan P said...

Kaien-dono? Yeah, they do have similarities,

Sorry about that, yeah it was the series, I checked it out again and yes, the movie had a different actor, I'm really sorry for giving out the wrong information. honto ni gomenasai :(

Anonymous said...

daijobou. ^__^ i enjoyed the movie anyway. i like page-kun there. unlike the page-kun in the series. and akira in the movie looks more tougher than akira in the series.

but box-kun is definitely better in the series! kawaii no touma!! and he is so funny ever. and i just get so amazed everytime he has a close up. super kinis his skin! ever. i just finished episode 2 last night. hope its weekend already so i can finish it already.

oh yeah, its kaien-dono! there's another one character, a shinigami that looks like him. the one with tattoos too? the one running the paper in soul society?