Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bus Gamer First Impressions


I always visit three websites first when I’m on the computer, first would be my gmail and my yahoomail and then of course one of my most favorite websites in the whole wide world, the ever reliable Tokyo Toshokan. So while I was browsing Tokyotosho, checking out if there are new subbed releases of the anime shows I’m currently watching, a new anime by the title Bus Gamer caught my attention so I went to google and searched for it. It turns out to have an interesting plot. The genre’s what I usually have (adventure, mystery) so I tried it out. Haha, I’m quite sure nobody’s interested on how I’ve gotten hold of it, haha! I just didn’t know how to start this thing right, I cannot say a lot about it yet because I’ve only seen the first episode, but I think it’s pretty good… so, so… SO before anyone grabs something to throw to me (if that’s even possible) for making insensible rants at the start of this post, let me go to the main topic. :D

Well, at first I thought Bus Gamer was like Gensomaden Saiyuki or Getbackers since the way the characters are drawn are pretty much the same, but as the story moved (just the first episode ne?) I still think its characters are drawn similarly (heehee). Anyways, the plot is different of course, no demons or any power/magic-related thingy, at least as far as the first episode goes and it’s very interesting, and thus it’s now a part of my “currently watching” list.

So what is Bus Gamer? I’m quite confused myself because in the first episode, one of the characters mentioned “Biz Gamer” for “Business Gamer” but the title is obviously “Bus Gamer” oh, I get it “Biz” short for Business and “Bus” the first three characters in the word “Business” :D. Ok I’ll stop spitting nonsense now… Bus Gamer is about these three guys namely, Nakajou Nobu, Mishiba Toki and Saitou Kazuo who joined this game called the “Biz Game” or something. The Biz Game, as explained by a high ranking guy in a company of some sort who hired the three guys I’ve mentioned, is a game among different companies, wherein they would choose a team that’s composed of three people to represent their company.

The game is between a home team, a team whose task is to protect a disk that contains information about the company and an away team, the team who charges in an attempt to steal the disk from the home team. The gamers are paid 10,000 in the first game and the amount accumulates depending on the number of games won by the team.

The disk, as mentioned has relevant company data that is very valuable to the company and its competitors. I think the main purpose of the game is to give different companies a chance to gain important confidential information regarding their rival companies. To prevent war or something tragic to happen to the company itself, they decided to make it a game wherein large stuffs are at stake, and the people inside the company’s lives are not at risk and of course, entertainment for the rich guys.

The characters in my opinion are very interesting people. They were chosen because among all the people who received and replied to the mail, the three of them were the only ones who left the question “What do you want to do with the money?” blank. Apparently, the guy who hired them found it interesting so that’s how they got there.

The three of them did not know each other before the assembly, so they had a difficult time getting along. Two of them, Nakajou Nobu and Mishiba Toki who are like the strongest of the three (Saitou Kazuo had no idea on what he got himself into and admitted that staying healthy is his only talent, so most likely he’s not good in battles, it’s seen on the first episode btw) are both against the members chosen for the team. They both think of them superior and believe that none of the other two members are worthy to team up with them. Yeah, arrogance… but I think they have the right to be, they’re good, very good, I think the both of them are equally skillful so no problems with attitude there. Kazuo is as I have elaborated, the youngest and erm weakest of the three, but he’s friendlier compared to the other two, so he might serve as the guy in the middle, preventing the two from killing themselves.

Their first meeting did not work out, their second meeting is the same, the third meeting wasn’t planned or expected but it bonded the three, it turns out that the three of them are regular customers/know of this ramen shop. It’s probably the only similarity the three of them have and luckily it formed a team. Each of them wanted 1 Billion (I’m not sure with the currency, I think it wasn’t mentioned, well it takes place in Japan so maybe it’s in Yen) The reason for their need for that much wasn’t stated yet, but Kazuo had a picture of him with a nun stored in his phone, perhaps (I’m so not sure on this) PERHAPS he’s an orphan and the nun took care of him and an event like the orphanage closing or something so needs a huge amount to restore it. Again, I’m not sure I’m only typing speculations. I’ve only seen the first episode. :D

Well, from the first episode, I’ve gotten pretty interested with Mishiba Toki, I think he’s cool and handsome too plus he’s got this cute watch with a flower design! KAWAII! :P haha. Anyways, I’ll surely be watching this anime, it’s pretty good and I believe it’s something worth watching :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your post, I decided to give bus gamer a try..^_^ i do hope it'll turn out to be a good series^^ great post^_^

Anonymous said...

yeah, why not. even for me i didn't expect to like d.gray-man not until i watch it, and i'm really, patiently waiting for the next episode, good animes are not base on their names but on the story itself and also good characters add up to the interest of the viewer especially to those addicted in watching anime.. heheheh, and btw, thanks for leaving a comment . keep in touch. see you. hehehe

Anonymous said...

hi pan...

hmm, wala nako ngbasa sa imung post kay dili man pud ko hilig sa anime..sorry for that!

just wana let you know that I was here!hehe..muah! see you in school!tnx for being our programmer!

ximenaquakenbush said...

Blackjack Tables - Mapyro
Blackjack Table 화성 출장샵 | 21 Blackjack Tables | communitykhabar 21 21 Blackjack Tables | 인천광역 출장안마 21 부천 출장샵 Blackjack Tables | 21 Blackjack Tables | 21 Blackjack 시흥 출장마사지 Tables | 21 Blackjack Tables